Posted on: 29 August 2018
If you have recently moved into a new home, then you want to know what the signs are of pests around your home or property. Once you see that you may have an issue, you can determine the potential cause of that issue and put an end to it. You can learn how to make your home uninhabitable to them or figure out a way to put a quick end to them.
Here are some of the different signs that will let you know you are dealing with certain types of pests:
- Small black specks along inside of cupboards and cabinets. These small black flecks can be the excrement of different kinds of small insects, but they generally come from roaches when there is a fairly good amount of it. You may also find it along the baseboards and near plumbing pipes.
- Small dirt tunnels along walls on the interior or exterior of the home. If you see small dirt tunnels that look similar to a dirt coffee straw, then this can indicate that the house has termites. Termites will travel in those dirt tunnels.
- You see small excrement on the walls of the home's exterior. If you see what looks like small mouse excrement on the walls of your home's exterior, then this can mean that you are going to be dealing with bats. If you see this bat guano on the walls of the exterior, then it's important to have your attic checked, because there is a chance they are in there as well.
- Mouse or rat excrement and ripped up items. If you see rodent excrement that is still dark in color, then it means you are going to be dealing with rodent issues. If you start finding areas where things like insulation or carpet is ripped up, then you are getting close to the place where they are making their nests.
- Large round excrement. Large round excrement that looks similar to that of a goat, only smaller, is rabbit excrement. You can get rabbit infestations on your property. They are very skittish and will more than likely stick to places like the garage or other out buildings.
Here are the ways you want to go about getting rid of pests:
The first thing you want to do is contact a professional for a termite inspection and inspection for other types of pests and then make sure you get rid of the pests in your home or on your property. Once you have removed them, then you want to make sure no more get in the house by blocking off any and all entrances. A pest control company can help you to get rid of the pests, and they can come back on a routine basis to help you keep control of the situation.Share